An outstanding author team presents the ultimate Wrox guide to ASP.NET MVC 4
Microsoft insiders join giants of the software development community to offer this in-depth guide to ASP.NET MVC, an essential web development technology. Experienced .NET and ASP.NET developers will find all the important information they need to build dynamic, data-driven websites with ASP.NET and the newest release of Microsoft’s Model-View-Controller technology. Featuring step-by-step guidance and lots of code samples, this guide gets you started and moves all the way to advanced topics, using plenty of examples.
- Designed to give experienced .NET and ASP.NET programmers everything needed to work with the newest version of MVC technology
- Expert author team includes Microsoft ASP.NET MVC insiders as well as leaders of the programming community
- Covers controllers, views, models, forms and HTML helpers, data annotation and validation, membership, authorization, security, and routing
- Includes essential topics such as Ajax and jQuery, NuGet, dependency injection, unit testing, extending MVC, and Razor
- Includes additional real-world coverage requested by readers of the previous edition as well as a new case study example chapter
From the Back Cover
An updated guide to ASP.NET MVC 4 from an author dream team
Learn ASP.NET MVC 4, a cutting-edge web framework, from Microsoft insiders and respected software development community leaders. After a brief introduction to the ASP.NET MVC framework, the authors dive straight into all the important information you need to build dynamic, data-driven websites with ASP.NET and the newest release of Microsoft’s Model-View-Controller technology. Featuring step-by-step guidance and numerous code examples, this book guides you from basics to advanced topics.
Professional ASP.NET MVC 4:
- Explains how the ASP.NET MVC framework differs from other “file per page” web frameworks
- Covers controllers, views, models, forms and HTML helpers, data annotations and validation, membership, authorization, security, and routing
- Highlights essential topics such as Ajax and jQuery, NuGet, dependency injection, unit testing, extending MVC, and Razor
- Puts everything in context with a case study of a real-world, high-volume ASP.NET MVC site: the NuGet Gallery
- Includes additional real-world coverage requested by readers of the previous edition
- wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Jon Galloway works at Microsoft as a Community Program Manager. He wrote the MVC Music Store tutorial and helps manage ASP.NET site content.
Phil Haack is a developer at GitHub, a developer website used by more than a million programmers.
Brad Wilson is a developer on the ASP.NET team and has been a professional software developer for nearly 20 years.
K. Scott Allen is the founder of OdeToCode LLC. He provides custom development, consulting, and mentoring services for clients around the world.
Category: Development / Programming